|FL Home Repair I
|Bias: Heavy bias in favor of the contractor.
Best For: A repair job, such as re-roofing, re-painting or landscaping.
This Contract Assumes the Following
- No plans are required for this project.
- Work will start any time after the contract is signed. Completion is required in a set number of days.
- Contractor will carry only the insurance required by law.
- This repair work is done on the principal residence of owner.
Payment Terms Checked [X] Are Selected in This Contract
|[X] Fixed price contract
[ ] Includes an alternate bid
[X] Down payment is required
[ ] Retainage will be withheld
|[ ] Cost plus contract
[ ] Includes a contract allowance
[ ] Financed by a lender
[ ] Liquidated damages for delay
|[ ] Progress payments by job phase
[ ] Includes a price per unit of work
[ ] Financed by the contractor
[ ] Progress payments on a schedule
Topics Checked [X] Are Covered In This Contract
[X] Cover Page
[X] Build My Interview
[X] Details about Plans and Contract Documents
[X] Scope of the Work
[ ] Design Submittals and Record Documents
[ ] Site Safety, Protection and Emergencies
[ ] Hazardous Materials
[ ] Survey and Layout
[ ] Permits, Fees and Taxes
[ ] Utilities, Cleanup, Job Sign
[ ] Superintendent, Architect and Engineer
[ ] Subcontracts and Subcontractors
[ ] Use of the Site and Adjacent Property
[ ] Responsibility for Surprises in the Job
[X] Payment Terms
[X] Liens and Waivers
[X] Handling Changes in the Work
[ ] Warranties, Defective Work and Call Backs
[X] Handling Claims and Resolving Disputes
[X] Insurance Coverage
[ ] Liability for Damage, Indemnity and Bonds
[ ] Contract Boilerplate
[ ] Inspections and Testing
[ ] The Work Schedule, Extensions, Delay Claims
[ ] Suspension and Termination of the Job
[ ] Completion
[X] Signatures and Disclosures
Important Notes On This Contract
- Requires that disputes be settled through binding arbitration.
- This offer of a contract expires if not accepted by a date set on the signatures page.
- Includes the right to cancel required by Florida Statutes section 501, Home Solicitation Sale.
- Includes the construction lien law notice required by Florida Statutes section 713.015.
- Includes the notice of claim for construction defect as required by Florida Statutes chapter 558.
- Includes the construction industry recovery fund notice required by Florida Statutes section 489.1425.
- Includes the right of rescission under 12 Code of Federal Regulation 226.15.
|To Adapt This Contract To Your Project
PDF Format (Adobe) – Print the contract and fill in the blank lines.
RTF Format (WordPad) – Make any changes needed. Fill in the blank lines. Print the contract.
CCF Format (Construction Contract Writer) -- Enter your response to each interview question. Change,
delete or add anything you want. Print the contract or convert to PDF or RTF for delivery as an email