|OH Home Improvement I
|Bias: Moderate bias in favor of the contractor.
Best For: A kitchen or bath remodeling project.
This Contract Assumes the Following
- Plans and specifications were prepared by the contractor.
- Work will start when contingencies are met and must be completed in a set number of days.
- Contractor has to carry only the insurance required by law.
- The contract is void if not signed by a set date.
Payment Terms Checked [X] Are Selected in This Contract
|[X] Fixed price contract
[ ] Includes an alternate bid
[X] Down payment is required
[ ] Retainage will be withheld
|[ ] Cost plus contract
[X] Includes a contract allowance
[ ] Financed by a lender
[ ] Liquidated damages for delay
|[X] Progress payments by job phase
[ ] Includes a price per unit of work
[ ] Financed by the contractor
[ ] Progress payments on a schedule
Topics Checked [X] Are Covered In This Contract
[X] Cover Page
[X] Build My Interview
[X] Details about Plans and Contract Documents
[X] Scope of the Work
[ ] Design Submittals and Record Documents
[ ] Site Safety, Protection and Emergencies
[ ] Hazardous Materials
[ ] Survey and Layout
[X] Permits, Fees and Taxes
[ ] Utilities, Cleanup, Job Sign
[ ] Superintendent, Architect and Engineer
[ ] Subcontracts and Subcontractors
[ ] Use of the Site and Adjacent Property
[X] Responsibility for Surprises in the Job
[X] Payment Terms
[X] Liens and Waivers
[X] Handling Changes in the Work
[X] Warranties, Defective Work and Call Backs
[X] Handling Claims and Resolving Disputes
[X] Insurance Coverage
[ ] Liability for Damage, Indemnity and Bonds
[X] Contract Boilerplate
[ ] Inspections and Testing
[ ] The Work Schedule, Extensions, Delay Claims
[ ] Suspension and Termination of the Job
[ ] Completion
[X] Signatures and Disclosures
Important Notes On This Contract
- Includes the right to cancel required by Ohio's Home Solicitation Sales Act, § 1345.21.
- Includes the notice required by Ohio's Right to Repair Act, § 1312.01 to § 1312.08.
- Requires that disputes be settled under the AAA's Construction Industry Arbitration Rules.
- Includes a down payment and a final payment.
- Contractor must submit lien waivers with each request for payment.
- Changes require mutual agreement. The price will be based on cost to the contractor.
- Provides a 180-day limited warranty on cabinets, flooring, electrical work and plumbing.
- Includes the right of rescission under 12 Code of Federal Regulation § 226.15.
- Includes the insulation disclosure required by 16 Code of Federal Regulation § 460.
|To Adapt This Contract To Your Project
PDF Format (Adobe) – Print the contract and fill in the blank lines.
RTF Format (WordPad) – Make any changes needed. Fill in the blank lines. Print the contract.
CCF Format (Construction Contract Writer) -- Enter your response to each interview question. Change,
delete or add anything you want. Print the contract or convert to PDF or RTF for delivery as an email